Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Bridal Beauty Routine: Laser Teeth Whitening at Denta Prime, Makati

And here goes another round of revamping myself for the big day--- laser teeth whitening. I met with the dentist yesterday at Denta Prime Makati to avail the laser teeth whitening session that I bought from Metrodeal. In all fairness, they took care of my teeth like I didn’t pay the discounted price. And their clinic doesn't look cheap. 

I got the deal for Php1,699 instead of Php28,000 (the original price is a bit exaggerated IMO, especially since regular teeth whitening can range from 8k-15k only) for a 1-Hour laser teeth whitening session, dental exam and cleaning. 

The procedure:

1) The dentist immediately proceeded to cleaning my teeth. I'm not sure if it's the same as the dental exam but I was hoping she would document the details of my teeth, like say comments about my wisdom tooth. The cleaning was short, but I'm not sure if she was rushing or my teeth are still fine since I just had an oral prophylaxis last June.

2) Application of whitening gel (peroxide-based?) Make sure the dentist applies a mositurizer on your lips because you'll be asked to open your mouth for 30 minutes and your lips can get really dry.

3) Laser exposure to activate the gel. The lasering itself only lasted 30 minutes (in 2 15-minute sessions because it was my first time), and not full 1 hour. I initially thought the 1 hour does not include the cleaning and stuff, but apparently, it does.

the red glasses look nice


4) Gargle and I'm all set.

Effect:
The effect was pretty neat but I won't post before and after pics here because it will look funny. But overall, I think I kinda look like Barbie. i keeeed. I can tell the difference because I used to have some brown areas on my crowns but they're gone now. 

Aftercare:
- I took a pain reliever the moment I felt my teeth were more sensitive. Some dentists would advise to take NSAIDS before going to teeth whitening sessions but in my case, I learned it late.
-Stay away from colorful food (spaghetti, afritada, etc.) for at least 3-6 days. NO coffee and tea too. Use straw if you want to drink juice.
- Brush with toothpaste that contains baking soda. If you can't find one, sprinkle some baking soda on your toothpaste before brushing.
- Return after 4 months for touch-up but only if you think you have to. Touch-up sessions cost Php1,500 at Denta Prime. 

Special offer:
All Denta Prime patients get 20% off on their services. Discount applies even to patient's family members.
They also offer referral incentives; I forgot what exactly though.

Denta Prime
Suite 302 Travellers Inn Condotel Makati Avenue, Makati City
Contact Nos.: 895-7061 to 62 loc 115 or 0905-2276656




No comments:

Post a Comment