Saturday, March 17, 2012

D.I.Y: Bridesmaids Bouquet

Project cost: Php 1,360

I didn't think I'd be able to pull this one off, but I think the outcome's not bad for someone who's determined to save up something. Having a bunch of girlfriends, I had no choice but to have 7 bridesmaids. It could be pricey if I'll let the fiance pay for everything, and so I had to do something to cut the expense.

Besides the fact that a small, handheld bouquet can go up to Php350 apiece, real flowers can't last the next day because they wither. And that means Php350 going down the drain, multiply the effect by 7. Pure pain.

So I scoured the Internet for step-by-step guides on how to make inexpensive DIY wedding bouquets and roamed the streets of Divisoria to find the perfect ready-made flowers that I can use. Some people are creative and patient enough to DIY each flower, unfortunately though, I'm not one of them. I found a lot of fabric flowers at Michelle's Ribbon and Lace Center that can be bought per yard, and just cut them out to make individual heads.

Here's the final output:
Didn't think I could make something like this. In fairness.:))


Pardon if they look different--I basically used the same materials but the base differed slightly so I had to "redesign". :)

I didn't make my own bouquet because I wanted real flowers for myself. As much as I want to scrimp on this wedding, it's still our day so I have to look expensive. LOL.

Besides saving some cash, the best part about this project is that my bridesmaids would think twice before throwing this one out.


For details and step by step guide on how to do this, drop me a message in the Questions? tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment