Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Incoherent Nonsense On A Rainy Day


People say weddings are supposed to be the best day in a girl’s life. I don’t know if it’s just me but I’m yet to understand this. Aren’t weddings supposed to be just the start of better days? Better days that would consequently turn into the best reason that could explain why it’s good to be alive?

Almost every girl look forward to that one special day, and I do too. Sadly though, not all of us know why. Is it because our foremothers have instilled in us what weddings are, or more bluntly, what weddings are supposed to be? Is it tradition exaggerated by commercialization? Whatever it is, I don’t know. All I know is wedding is one of the most hyped events in a person’s life.

I’ve read hundreds of wedding planning stories even before I get to write my own. Most, if not all, give me the impression that once you’ve become “the bride”, you’ll turn into one perfectionist monster who will not hesitate to gobble up anything/anyone that/who gets in her way. But I find comfort in stories that tell how a bride accepts it if her wedding doesn’t turn out the way she has imagined it to be.

Personally, I never understood why wedding days are that big of a deal. And fortunately (or unfortunately), after 7 months of planning my own, I have yet to find the reason which will make me understand why. Yeah, it’s a once-in-a-lifetime event, I get that. But everything else happens just once in our lifetime, right?

But enough of my nonsense sentiments and unsolicited opinions. At the end of the day, to each his own. While other brides are too busy worrying about finding the perfect gown to wear, I’m busy getting my mind all set for that day and the days after that. 


1 comment:

  1. To each his own... so familiar and so TRUE heehee. ;)

    ReplyDelete